I am worn out.
G woke up at 6 this morning. Coming from a woman who would be perfectly happy sleeping until 8:30 every morning, this was early. And of course by the time he was ready for his nap- at 8:00 am! imagine a nap at 8:00 am- the other kids were ready for their breakfast. Oh well. It happens. After he went back to sleep, I took the opportunity to work on the yard. You know, clipping down all the bushes, pulling weeds, mowing one last time. All the stuff we need to do before our first snow fall coming this weekend.
I'm going somewhere with this... I promise.
Then I had to go to Costco. We were out of dog food, otherwise I would have put it off. Since I was close, I decided to go to IKEA because I needed to get some tea light candle holders for a Halloween craft we are doing. I knew they would have them cheep, and I was right- $1.49 for 4. I went to pick up the carpool from school next. I don't normally do this, but I was right there. Mads hates when Joshua is in the back seat with him. I don't know why, except that he cries when anyone gets near him. So he cried all the way home. Then it was time to make dinner. This is G's least favorite time of the day. Oh, and when I am trying to exercise. I can't pick him up, and it drives him nuts. He is like a linebacker. He tries to block my path, and if I manage to sneak by, he grabs onto my legs and won't let go. Nate already told me this analogy wasn't funny, so no courtesy laughs please. It's for me only.
I know this doesn't sound like a horribly tiring day, but still, I'm beat. When I get like this I can lose my temper easier. Noise bothers me more. I feel like I am telling everyone to tone it down constantly. All I wanted was to sit on the couch with a blanket and do nothing. So after dinner that is what I did. I was proud of myself. I held it together all day. The kids were really good, so that helped. Dare has turned into my best helper. So I sat there while Nate cleaned up dinner, and I focused on not feeling guilty for that. I worked hard... I deserved it.
Here is where the story picks up.
Quick side note: I am a cuddler. I have cuddled with one or more of my children, and/or husband about 10 times a day for the last 10 years. Sometimes I force them. But they love it. I know they do.
So when I am on the couch with a blanket, it is the perfect opportunity to come cuddle with me. Normally this would be welcomed and appreciated. Not tonight.
This is how it went:
Dare: "I want to cuddle with you!"
Me: "No, Dare. I need my space."
Dare: "I need your space... I am your space."
Of course, I was laughing too hard to notice her weaseling her way under my blanket.
I cuddled with her for an hour.
5 comments:
There's something about getting woken up that just sucks. And sets the tone for the whole day.
Did the cuddling make you feel better?
Yup! And the laughing. She is definitely my favorite.
i just fell over and died because of the cuteness of this photo.
just so you know. i'm dead now.
Okay you're a push over...but it's okay as long as she made you laugh! :)
good for you to just relax after your day! It is hard for me to not feel guilty when Brad cleans up, but I try to let him have a turn!
I love your fall pictures. I think it is great that you guys get out and do so much as a family! One day I want to be just like you! :)
Post a Comment