Monday, October 20, 2008

Our Favorite Sunday

Our favorite Sunday is not Easter Sunday, or Super Bowl Sunday, or even an ice cream sundae...

It's Primary Program Sunday.  And today's program didn't disappoint.

While the kids were getting settled in, and the leaders were getting ready, I took the opportunity to smile, wave, and make silly faces at my girls.  They each had unique reactions which were indicative of their personalities.
B.A. - Smiled back, waved, and gave cute "I love you" hand signs
Rhon - Studiously and deliberately didn't make eye contact
Dare - Stared right at us but didn't react, acted like she was staring at strangers
The older girls said their parts perfectly and sang the songs beautifully.  Dare had a different story.  
They sat her on the stand right in front of the ledge.  We have so many primary kids that they stick them where ever they can fit them.  You might be thinking this was a bad idea, but I wonder what she would have found to play with if she hadn't had the ledge.  When she got bored with playing with it,  she stood up and leaned over it.  I thought if someone doesn't stop her soon, she is going to flop right over the top.  Someone told her to stop.  Then she got really bored and laid her head down on her arms.  Sometimes she would poke her eyes out and I could tell she was singing behind her arms.  At one point she had her chin resting on her hands with both pinkies stuck up her nose.  Nate said she looked like the poster child for "I don't give a crap!"

I wonder what it will be like with Dare and the two boys.  Oh dear.   


  

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I love your posts. You are seriously the best mom--you have 5 and see all the different personality traits and don't seem to ever stress. I struggle sometimes with 2!! I know, you're thinking "how pathetic", but for me even 2 is harder than I ever imagined. It's always nice to see sarcasm vs. the fake "I'm more perfect than you" blogs too! My favorite post so far has been the one about how dedicated to church you are (going when sick.....)--at first I wanted to hate you, then I saw the sarcasm, kept reading, and laughed for SO long! Thanks for keeping me entertained:)

Sheri said...

It's my favorite Sunday too!