On our third day, we planned on going to see a plateau, and the color lakes. After our busy day the day before, we decided it would be too much. It was a 3 hour drive anyway. So instead we went to the Sultan's Palace.
This sign was funny to me because it's usually the women who are dressed improperly. No shorty shorts or tanks for the men.
There was a little dance show going on.
We had a tour guide. I don't think we asked for one, she just gave us a tour anyway. She seemed really pleased to show us around. She was much more excited about the fact that you could see 3 different sultans' cheese graters all in one place than we were. She was nice to put up with us. And she was super nice to put up with Nate's snarky comments. Well, she probably didn't understand that they were snarky. She might not have noticed anyway because he can keep a straight face. But of course I can't. So I'm the one who looks like a jerk for laughing at everything!
After this, we decided to pass on the Water Castle.
We wanted to buy souvenirs, so our driver took us to this store. Can you spot my family? It was a crazy store. We got something for everyone!
On the way to the store, we had to walk through a outdoor market that was small and crowded. It had just started raining, so it was pretty muggy in there. G pointed this out to Nate by saying, "It's freaking damn hot!"
I bought some batik too.
Then we went to a "famous" fried chicken place for dinner. It was good! Reading the english on the menu was almost as good as eating the food.
The big sign out front. I'm guessing that lady started the restaurant?
We took the boys home, and the girls and I went out for more shopping. We walked over to Jalan Malioboro. We bought a few more bags. We also bought some t-shirts with some awesome, bad english on them.
This was my first experience with men catcalling my girls. Oh boy. I will punch them. Bloody their stupid faces. I have no problem getting violent. This is the night we decided to buy our girls some brass knuckles. And teach them how to use them.
It was a good trip. I think it helped end our time in Indonesia on a good note.








1 comment:
I love when you write about the things that come out of G's mouth! Oh, and your awesome trips. ;)
Post a Comment