Mads turned 7 while we were in Jogjakarta. He said it wasn't a good birthday. It wasn't a bad vacation, that kid just prefers to be at home.
We celebrated the day we got home. He wanted mint brownies. A unique request. I obliged. I mixed up a brownie recipe, put half in the pan, put on a layer of Andes mints, and then covered them with the other half of the batter. They were delicious. Genius really. Try it and you'll see.
He got more Skylanders. Ever since he got them for Christmas from his Grandpa, he has hardly thought of anything else. G too. And it doesn't stop at the video game. They pretend they are Skylanders, and they create original Skylanders. All day I see papers all around the house with drawn Skylanders, complete with several powers and sayings. There must be 50 of them at least. And yes, I got him more. I had no problem fueling the obsessive fire.
A few days later he had a party. We were supposed to go swimming, but it rained. So, despite the fact that I didn't plan anything for these kids to do, it turned out to be a really fun party. Albeit very loud.


1 comment:
Good idea with the brownies!
Post a Comment