And then there was spring break.
This spring break was special because I decided it was a great opportunity to go through everyone's stuff to get ready for the move. Obviously everyone was very excited. I didn't get any pictures of their crazy messy rooms and excited faces while we were doing it, but I did get some of the other activities we did that week.
Monday...
Coloring the boys' hair. It seemed like a fun idea until I noticed a red tint all over the couches and chairs from marker rubbing off. We won't be doing that again.
Tuesday...
Another fun activity I had planned was to get our shots up to date. Add that to cleaning rooms, and spring break might be more fun than one can handle. We went to the American Club for lunch first, and then to the medical unit. Then we went to the commissary to get treats afterwards. They deserved them. Unfortunately, no one bought a treat for me. I got shots too!
BA had to get 4. She is tough.
G had to get 4 also. He is tough.
Mads had to get only 2. Didn't even phase him.
Two for Rhon. Rocked it.
Dare was a little worried, but she kicked those two shot's butts.
The Croods in 3D. We brought Teagan with us.
That night we also had soto ayam. It's an Indonesian chicken soup. A family favorite. I want to make it for everyone to try!
Thursday...

Thursday we cleaned out the garage (I know, I'm so fun!) and we ran into this guy. He is about the size of the palm of my hand. Not small. I could not kill him for many reasons. Most of them moral, like he's too big, he's only in the garage, and things like that. But most of all, I wasn't sure my bug spray would work on something that size. And I was sure as heck not going to get close enough to smash it, even if I could. Which I can't. I just barely started smashing ants. So I brought the box he was in outside the garage, and kicked it around a few times until he scampered away. He was fast, and freaky, and he ran straight into our yard. I should have killed him. Because now I always wonder where he is.
Friday...
Since Good Friday is a national holiday here (ironic) Nate was home. So that meant the swimming we did was filled with children being chucked into the pool.
Also on Friday, we painted eggs. Luckily we were able to find white eggs. They were all different sizes. It was quite unusual. This was a late-night egg painting party. We started after 9.
For some reason the last few times we have painted eggs, the color kind of just wipes off. It's weird, and all of our eggs end up looking like little planets. It's still fun, if not more fun. The product is just not as pleasing to the eye.
The Easter Bunny came! This was one holiday treat time that I was actually prepared. I bought candy and toys online and had them weeks ago. I won't mention the fact that the kids always get a book for Easter, and that didn't happen. Or the fact that the candy, albeit delicious, didn't have much variety. You win some, lose some.
You could probably tell that there is some sarcasm in this post. Especially the part where I wrote BA is tough. :) But it really was a great week. We enjoyed our time together, and got a lot done. Now pack-out won't be so stressful.














3 comments:
That spider is freaky! You should have killed it! Those bubbles are awesome!
I am disappointed in the title of this post, it"s too normal, lol =)
We used to get spiders in the last house we lived in. Not nearly as big as that beauty (I mean that in a horrified way!!). I couldn't kill them either. Their flashing eyes freaked me out. They looked too smart. So I did the next best thing and vacuumed them up : )
I know Heather. I'm disappointed in it too. I guess I wasn't feeling creative.
Post a Comment