Thursday, April 11, 2013

Last Road Trip

The third weekend in March we were able to take one last trip to Mirasole.
  
In the car.

Pineapples.


Another pretty mosque on the side of the highway.

Girls in their school uniform.

Boys in their school uniform hanging out on the side of the highway.

Fruit stand.
Once you get near Bogor, the streets are lines with little markets.  I will regret not stopping at all of them, I already do, but I don't regret not getting stuck in traffic for an extra hour because of 1 five minute stop. Traffic in Jakarta, and the nearby cities that I know of, is very challenging.  I've become jaded, I know, but I can never be sure what is going to be worth the hassle.

There are also many of these lamp shops.

Tea fields.


Right when we arrived at the house we spotted a snake.

There was another huge beetle.  This one was dead.  We ended up taking him (her?  I think the girls named her -----) home to take gross pictures of it crawling up arms and faces.  Before we got around to it, the beetle started stinking.  We were surprised.  I guess they have quite a bit of insides to rot.

Rolling down the hill.

G caught a butterfly.  I think it must have been injured.

Playing frisbee.

After rolling around in the grass, the girls were quite itchy.  They stuck their legs in the pool for relief.

Everyone decided to get all the way in.  It's full of freezing water.  Mirasole is in the mountains.  So it is still hot during the day, but it gets chilly at night.  They lasted about 10 minutes.  We are getting pretty spoiled with our year-round-warm pool at our house.

We took advantage of the ability to grill, and had steak and grilled veggies for dinner.  That was including corn we bought locally.

And we played lots of ping pong.

That was day one.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Way cool pictures! The girls all look so grown up and so pretty in the first picture! Love all the green!