Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Letter

Dear Tomato Gods,

     In a small garden, in a small town, in a big state, in western United States, there are 20 or so sprightly, happy tomato plants that we ripped from the comfort of their birth containers and stuck them in the infertile, clay-like soil of our back yard.  We do what we can for these new, and still very fragile, plants.  The rest is up to you.  We have 5 very eager children that wish to eat of the fruits that these plants could produce.  We have much salsa to be made.  Many neighbors' summers wouldn't be the same without the joy of Nate's fresh salsa.  And just thinking about our BLTs makes my mouth water.  Not to mention all the salads that will be had, if our tomato plants are prolific.  We are only asking for kindness and grace.

                                                 Thank you,
                                                     Tomato Planters
 

7 comments:

Kellianne said...

Send some prayers just down the street while you're at it.

Jenna said...

You are too funny!

Sheri said...

I want to start a garden so bad. But I'm clueless.

Good luck with your tomatoes!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

K... plants or vegetables or anything you can grow in a garden hide from me... but I want to taste his salsa! So I'll be sending up a prayer for your cause!

M. Nelson said...

Tomato Gods look favorably on five hungry kids and salsa. Have no fear!

I just wish that salsa could handle a cross-country trip through the mail. We might have to plan a trip around harvest time.

Andrea said...

Have faith!! I already have some tiny tomatoes on my plants......did you really plant 20????

Heather said...

Yum! I love Salsa, you are lucky your husband likes to garden!