Monday, June 22, 2009

Novelty Neckties

This is how Dad takes the boys to bed.
G will start crawling on his shoulder before family prayer is even over.
They love it.

Two stories about Nate

The other day Nate was sitting on the couch watching a soccer game between Spain and South Africa. I was sitting with B.A. on the other couch. She asked Nate what ESP meant. Without hesitation, and hardly taking a breath, he went into a full explanation of extrasensory perception. He described what it was, how it worked, and how people debate its reality. This sermon lasted a good 5-10 minutes. When he was done, she said, "Okay. But what team is ESP?" (On the little scoreboard on the soccer match they had Esp, short for Espana).

I thought this was hilarious. This is something I love about the fatherly father in Nate. He will never hesitate to answer the kids' questions fully and completely. He loves the chance to teach them something.

+++++

A friend of Rhon's parents are divorced so I was talking about it with the girls a few days ago. They were thinking and wondering where they would live if Nate and I got divorced. Some of the things that were said...
Daddy is so funny. He makes us laugh all the time.
Daddy makes such good food.
Dad is so fun.
Daddy makes the best salsa. (This was said by B.A.)
... and I quote, "But Mom. You are a good Mom" said in a conciliatory way.

I am getting worried over here. Nate has all kinds of things going for him, but all I have is being a "good mom".

It's okay. I'm glad they like him. I'm glad he is a good dad.

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Sorry, but yesterday in Primary, Dare also added to the list that Dad makes her good chinese food. I think you should be worried. hahaha

Sheri said...

Nate is an awesome cook. I think he should start mass producing his meals and sending them to us freezer packed.

If he did that then we would probably like Nate better too.

I'm just saying...

Dana said...

Dads are awesome. They are so fun and kid-like. But no one can love you like mom! And you are an amazing mom. And by the way five IS a lot : )

Deb said...

Dad's are always more fun because we are with them all the time. You are an awesome mom.