Thursday, June 4, 2009

Two Stories, One Piece of News, and a Dinner

                                              
All this because I said I wanted guacamole.  "That man is incorrigible!"  said in a southern accent  He made 9 different things.  Rice, beans, chicken tacos, spinach & grapefruit salad, grilled corn, salsa, limeade, chorizo dip, and, of course, guacamole.


Another tooth lost.  Another slacking tooth fairy moment I'm sure I will have.  But this tooth has a special story.  The girls were in their room playing.  Rhon had a bag of candy that B.A. apparently thought was hers.  She tried to grab it, and Rhon played keep away for a minute or so.  Then B.A. grabbed it.  They each had a hand on it.  Finally, B.A. was able to get it away from Rhon.  As her hand flew back with her reward, she knocked Rhon's tooth out!  It just popped out and flew across the room.  I don't think it was 100% ready because there was more blood that any other tooth so far.  She wasn't mad or sad.  They both thought it was funny and cool.


G cried as I got in the shower today.  He always does.  Every single time, unless I let him in with me.  But today I wanted to take one by myself.  I wish I had my camera!  First he screamed at me.  Then when he realized he wasn't getting anywhere with that, he threw himself on the floor and hid his face in his hands.  Then he got up and started banging on the shower door.  That didn't work either, so he took a couple paces backwards and got a running start and rammed his head into the glass door.  He rammed it.  As if he were a goat.  He rubbed his head in disgust.  Then he did it again!  This time he just stayed there and kept banging his head.  Crack crack crack!  He must of realized that that was hurting him more than anyone else because he began his trouble making phase.  He crumpled up my rug into a pile, emptied out my drawer, and preceded to the toilet.  He lifted both seat and cover, and got on.  He looked like he did in the picture above.  Saying, "Pee pee.  Pee pee!" all the while.

We went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house last night.  I felt more like a cow being herded than a person walking through a temple.  That's okay.  It was still cool, and I am glad my kids got to see another temple.  I think the chandeliers were their favorite this time.

5 comments:

Milana said...

G is adorable in that picture! That is one that will be in a wedding video one day! Oh how we miss Nate's cooking...if Tad saw that picture he would be drooling all over!

Heather said...

Yum!Again, you are so lucky your husband likes to cook! And i wish that's all i had to do to get M's to sit on the toilet :)
I love your posts!
So is it official yet, are you guys staying?

M. Nelson said...

I cannot type for laughing about G. Sometimes showers are more work than their worth!

I'm a little jealous (and hungry) about all that great food. Although I shouldn't be, Randal may not have the first clue how to make dinner, but he could have that table cleaned up, with dishes in the dishwasher, in five minutes flat. So that counts for something.

Deb said...

Yummy! Nate needs to come down here and cook for us! By the way...any news????

Sheri said...

I love your posts.

Getting your tooth knocked out by a punch is a rite of passage. Way to go Rhon!