Nate.
mushroom risotto.
museums.
my 5 little buggers.
my house.
a husband who can cook.
warm feet.
my dog.
jokes.
a husband who makes jokes, pretty much constantly.
fish, birds, mammals, amphibians, and reptiles, oh and some bugs. Not mosquitoes or wasps.
toilets.
health.
the Arctic Circle near our house. I love the fudge brownie shake.
Dr. Mario.
kids who try not to fight on my birthday.
kids who fail, but keep trying. (at not fighting, that is)
my car.
diapers that don't leak.
a good school.
lower gas prices.
crayons.
friends and family, and
Indian food.
Aunt Theresa had the girls make a book yesterday. Each page said something different and they filled in the rest. The older girl's books were thoughtful and nice. Dare's was just down right funny. Not that it wasn't thoughtful, it was just funny too. Here is how it goes... (the bold is what was already in the book, the rest is what she added)
I am Thankful for... by Dare
The soft green grass and water
The warm brown earth and tomatoes
The cool blue lakes and trees
The tall green trees and short green trees
The purple mountains and snow
The bright yellow sun and birds
The beautiful blue sky and stars
On the last page she just wrote something else she was thankful for, and she wrote dirt. I didn't realize she was that into dirt. I guess she thought short green trees were being left out. And tomatoes really? She does like them a lot.
Seriously though, I love the holiday season. I always realize how much I have to be thankful for. I am really thankful for my husband and wonderful kids. I'm not sure how I ended up with five, but they are all amazing and I can't imagine my life without them.
5 comments:
Love your Thankful list!
and "dares' fill ins were so cute!
For sure I'm thankful for short green trees too. And just about anything with mushrooms ranks above my kids! :) I loved your list. We all really have a lot to be thankful for.
I know...I totally ripped off your blog with the pic's of the kids and nick names and so forth, but you had a great idea and I had to do it. The Body comes from my high school year book when they misspelled my name in the index. It reads Body West instead of Cody. Plus, it pretty much fits because I am so toned and ripped underneath all me baggy clothes.
Mushrooms above the kids? Chocolate, a good mexican meal, bubble baths I can understand, but not mushrooms!
Tired of my comments yet??
If you really need to, you can come sit on my couch and I can have "the talk" with you to explain how you got 5 kids. I had to have that talk early because we all know I am barely handling 2 kids, much less 5!
Post a Comment