Monday, November 10, 2008

Contrarian and PTC

My kids oppose me.  All of them.  Some more than others, of course.  B.A. is the worst.  If I told her the sky was blue, she would look at it, look me straight in the eye and say it was not.  I always knew Mads was most like her, and this conversation  didn't surprise me a bit. 
We were at church and he noticed a picture of Joseph Smith in the grove.
Mads:  "Two Jesuses.  Mom... two Jesuses."
Me:   "You think so?  Actually one of those is supposed to be Heavenly Father."
Mads:   pause...    thinking...     "Nope.  Two Jesuses."

**********

We had parent teacher conferences this last week.  It is nice to hear that your kids are doing well and enjoying themselves.  All of their teachers are great.  B.A. will soon be done with spelling.  No more spelling ever.  She has a memory like Nate.  We learned that she told one of her teachers one day that she loves school, and she likes her teachers a lot, but she really likes to be at home with her family.  She told her teacher that she wished they could just come over to her house so we could all just be together all day.  I was touched.  I'm not the most perfect mom in the world, but my kids like being at home, so I must be doing something right.  The thing I remember most about that night is G walking to the door, looking at us, waving good-bye, and walking straight out the door.  Stinker.

3 comments:

M. Nelson said...

My boy sounds just like B.A. He doesn't think I know anything! Sometimes he's right :).

Sheri said...

Mads sounds like Max. I get so frustrated arguing with him all the time.

My kids like being home too...but I'm pretty sure it's because of the X-box.

*MARY* said...

My two year old and I argue all the time. Just this evening we were watching a movie and I said "oh no, the kitty is so sad," then my daughter says "no, he's happy"
"no, sad"
"no, happy"
"no, SAD!"
then she hit me.