Thursday, November 6, 2008

Extra

G jumps on the bed!  The dude isn't even one yet and he JUMPS on the bed.  He climbs onto Mads' bed, stands up, and starts jumping.  I'm afraid.  Very afraid.

Two things Mads says that I love:
"I'm sorry."  He usually says I'm sorry Dadda because he thinks that it what it says on the last page of the book David Gets in Trouble.

When I ask him why for any reason, he says "cause".  Then...
Me:  Cause why?
Mads:  Be-cause  (it actually sounds more like... tuz... beetuz)   
I can usually get him to say them both in the same conversation when I ask him why he is sorry.  We both laugh, because he knows I love it. 


I decided there is nothing better than a husband who is nice to you.  Oh wait... a husband who is nice to you and cooks amazing food!

Dare and Mads played in the snow today.  They loved it.  They both had frozen snot coming out of their noses.  I am so excited to go sledding and snowboarding.  

My muscles get sore from playing Rock Band.  I figured it must be a good work-out then... right?

I love November, but it is a crazy-busy month.

Rhon said something funny the other day.  During FHE, we were talking about fire safety and what to do if there was a fire in the house.  During the review she summarized in her characteristic matter-of-fact way, "We wake up our sisters, go to the front door, go outside by the mailbox, and watch our house go down."  

An unfinished basement is perfect for Family Night Basketball.  I wish I would have taken a picture.  

The person who decided to have Daylight Savings Time must not have had a baby.  Instead of waking up at 6:30, G wakes up at 5:30.  Oh well... it's good for me (not really, I'm trying to stay positive).


8 comments:

Sheri said...

Nate's cooking is the best. You are lucky :)

M. Nelson said...

In the absence of a husband who can cook, one that's nice to you and cleans up the dishes is great too. That's what I've got so I can't complain. Your kids are so great. I love to read about them. I'm with you on the daylight savings too.

Tawnie said...

Oh I loved the pics of the kids and fam. What a cute bunch! Realy great pics..and you can see all the persanalities that each one of you reflect and make your family so unique!! love it!!

Aspen said...

oh Amanda! How I do love your posts. I seriously look forward to your blog everytime I log in. Always unique, and witty, and creative, and...
I'm sorry that G is jumping on the bed. That really can't end well can it?

liz said...

thanks for making me drool. i am hungry 110% of the day and I don't even know what's in that pan but I just want to pour it into my mouth right now.

Amanda said...

Hey Liz- It's carne deshebrada. And yes, even if you weren't hungry 110% of the day you would want to put it in your mouth. It is probably the best food on the planet. I guess it is good that you are hungry instead of puking all day.

me said...

ya the whole kids waking up an hour earlier thing doesnt work out too well. My children go to bed at their normal time (which now is an hour later) and wake up an hour earlier than they used to. They are cranky from not getting enough sleep and Im cranky cuz I have to deal with them! lets ban daylight savings time...hehe

westfam said...

I wish Nate was my Husband and cooked for me every day too! I'd eat better that way...but would have many other problems to deal with. Thanks for dinner the other night. It was absolutely kick A!