
This is the first year we were able to put our tree up so soon. We bought our artificial tree last year. We used to have to wait until the week before Christmas to get our real one. We miss the real one, but the pros of a fake one out weighed the cons. I didn't use a flash on the first picture because I thought it would look cooler, but if you look closely you can see that the bottom half of the tree is not decorated. I actually grabbed G, reached his arm up as far as I could, and told the kids not to put any ornaments below that point. Here's why...
He was desperate to grab them. And he did. I must not have measured accurately.
We decided it was safer not to put the stockings by the fireplace either. They were easily reachable, and the holders are really heavy and would hurt if they fell on someone. So we put them on our wall. I think it looks pretty good! I know, we still need to get a stocking for G.
8 comments:
I like how you have your tree in front of the window. Mike always has to put up his prize lamp shaped like a leg with fishnets on it, so the tree has to go in a corner at our house.
the lamp, it's rather fra-gee-lay.
A.M. used my stocking the first year because I didn't get around to making hers. What was I thinking making stockings in the first place!?! Cute tree. I hear you on the real/fake dilemma. We succumbed too. Sometimes I think we'll just chuck the fake one, but I paid good money for it!
PS--your tree's not 'half empty'--it's half full!
We have the same problem...except I decided to put some non breakable ornaments around the bottom so if little man gets them its ok. He thinks he is really cool when he takes one off..he comes to me and holds it up likes it's a trophy or something. I love it.
You got off pretty easy. We put our tree up last night and Addie crawled up to it and tried to eat it. I have the same stocking problem this year too.
I love, love, love the pics of G and the tree! Seriously, those are classic! The only reason it took Brynlie 24 hours to break an ornament is because I put our tree in the office, behind the french doors. She waits for a sibling to leave the door open and sneaks in to have her way with my tree. And she knows what she is doing. She grabs and runs... I don't have a stocking for her yet either, which is really sad considering this is her second Christmas (although G is on his second Christmas too!). We just use the one that my mom made since we are always there for Christmas.
P.S. I can say this on your blog because Jared will never read it...We have big heavy stocking holders too and he forbids me from hanging the stockings on them for the same reason. I didn't think Brynlie could reach them (duh!) but within minutes she pulled one down on her. She has several marks on her forehead that you can see in the picture of her using the inhaler on my blog. And that was taken three days after it happened! Hopefully they will fade before he gets back in town.
Evan has been pretty good about our tree so far. The stocking are a different story. We might have to put our up high too. Good idea!
Post a Comment