I took 6 kids to the store today. B.A. said she was sick this morning, (faker!) and I didn't feel like making Rhon go, so they were home from school. I am amused because I got more than the normal amount of looks. One lady in the produce section kept staring. You could tell she was counting them in her head. And she looked slightly shocked. I guess our life would be even more egregious if I had 6 kids in 6 years. It was funny though. And they were so good. I only had to tell one of them (Dare, of course) to stay by me. But seriously, you should have seen all the heads we turned.
I bought Oreos. These are an extra special treat in our house, since we never have them. When we got home, we cracked them open. I was watching B.A. and I couldn't help laughing. She has a dangling tooth. She looks more like a hillbilly than when G did, when he only had one tooth on top. She looks like she is wearing those fake teeth you get at Halloween time. I was having the time of my life watching and laughing at her. At one point Rhon said, "You sure are making Mom happy." Man, it was a good time. Now I just want to yank the thing out. It is pretty sick.
While I was waiting for the pictures to load, I pulled it out. I can tell I am getting tougher about this as I get more experience. I just grabbed it, told her to raise her hand if it hurt to bad, and yanked. It was like plucking an apple from a tree. I didn't even have to look away. Piece of cake. But I don't want to do it ever again.
She is hilarious. She was doing little jigs, and humming. She wanted to call Dad right away. I can imagine what a relief it must be.
11 comments:
I get some looks too, but I have only half the kids with me as you do. LOL Way to be brave about the tooth. My niece and nephew run from me when theirs are loose. We have a great picture of Tryce when he lost a few. He looked just like Sloth from Goonies.
Yes! Sloth is perfect!
I remember after I had Ben I was terrified of going anywhere with 2 kids. Now I take my kids and sometimes a couple more too. I always get the looks, but I don't care anymore.
Oreos are a favorite over here.
I don't like yanking teeth either - I've only had to do it twice.
My husband and I have a deal. I birth the children and he takes care of anything icky afterward, including teeth.
You brave mom you! B.A. looks so cute! I love your new profile picture!
Pick up some starbursts next time. That should pull the tooth right out. Your new picture on your profile is cute! Are you playing guitar hero in it? - Suzy
Ok...I am glad to see I am not the only one to get the stares when out in public with the chitlins...we just do for different reason's! Funny how people have nothing better to do then to be worried about other people's buisness. (I have come up with a good "stare" back look though sometimes...immature I know, but theraputic:)
Would you mind coming over and pulling Kylie's tooth out next? I am not interested in doing the dirty work myself. Thanks for lending me your girls today! By the way...I am in love with your music player right now. I keep your blog up with the music in the background while I stalk other blogs.
Lisanne - I had to delete your comment because it had our name in it. And I want to see your blog. This isn't fair!
That seriously makes my insides cringe! I wrote a whole post about my son moving his tooth all around just to make me squirm!!!
I love that even in UTAH people still look at you strange with more than two kids!
Post a Comment