Thursday, November 26, 2009

Was Here

Today...

1. Dare had a Thanksgiving program at school. The pictures were terrible, of course, but that is her cuteness poking out behind that darling pilgrim hat.
Things I want to remember:
this program was awesome
Dare doesn't like to dance
she is thankful for "Mom and Dad"

2. Rhon had a play that parents were invited to.
Things I want to remember:
Rhon likes to perform, but she gets shy
this was a fun play
second grade rules

3. In between these two performances, I saw Rhon at recess. I thought it was interesting how she was spending her time. She was taking a very slow stroll along the perimeter of the playground with 3 other girls. It seems like the kind of thing I did when I was in sixth grade. Hmm...

4. I didn't want to go all the way home after Rhon's thing because the girls had a half-day... blah blah blah. Anyways, we decided to go to a kindergarten friend's house. I noticed some snow on the driveway, and it was on an incline, so I told the kids when they got out of the car to go through the grass to their front door. I thought everything was cool until I got around to the other side of the car. I noticed something you only see in the movies or cartoons. There was about 10 little footprints about 4 inches deep in Kazie's sidewalk. It was in the shape of a perfect semi-circle. I was confused at first. I didn't believe this had anything to do with me. Then I looked down at Mads' (who was now standing, dumbfounded, in the grass) feet. He had concrete completely covering his shoes and a little on his pants. Oh no! I couldn't believe it. I thought for sure I was going to have to pay someone hundreds of dollars to come fix the sidewalk. Luckily the guys who were doing it were still around. They fixed it. He said it was easy to fix when it was still so wet. They must have just done it considering how far he sunk in. The guys even washed his shoes off for me. I wish I would have taken a picture.

5. Wesley got neutered. Poor dude. He has to wear The Cone of Shame. I'm pretty sure I heard him say, "I do not like The Cone of Shame."

6. We had some Arizona friends over. Good times.
Rhon and Sophie singing 'Hungry Like the Wolf'.
Busy day.

2 comments:

liz said...

:)

hilarious little sour patch 2 year olds. so sweet and sour. i love those stories.

happy thanksgiving! talk soon..

Sheri said...

Maybe that's why Ian won't committ...he's afraid he'll have to wear the cone of shame.

I really wish you could've taken a picture of Mads. That's hilarious.