Friday, December 5, 2008

Unce, Tice, Fee Times


I had a birthday recently, and at the time I wanted to write a post about me.  So I sat down and thought.  I couldn't come up with anything.  I have a backlog of stories and pictures of my kids that I will probably never catch up with, but if I try to write only about myself, I don't have anything to say.  Since this blog was created to share pictures and stories about my kids, I actually try not to talk about myself too much.  But I was going to take the opportunity to jot some things down that I thought would be interesting for my kids to read later.  Nothing came to me.  Truth is, my children are my life.  Being a mom is my life.  And I'm okay with that.  In fact, I worry about the time when they all are away, and I have to entertain myself again.  So I decided to try again, and this is what I settled on...

Me Randomness
1.  I love watching The Soup.  If you don't watch it, and you have a sense of humor, you should.
2.  I wear a t-shirt almost every day.  It's just me.
3.  I want to be bilingual someday.  I would love to learn Spanish or French, but I will most likely learn Chinese first.  That would be cool too.  Seems impossible, but cool.
4.  My favorite band is Motion City Soundtrack.  Hands down.  Way above any other.  I love them.  I don't like talking about music too much, because I don't think I sound very articulate about my feelings.  That being said, I am passionate about it.  It plays a big part in my life.
5.  I talk too much.  I end up with my foot in my mouth A LOT.
6.  My only obsession is keeping my fingernails and toenails neat and painted.  
7.  I love Indian food, but Thai food is a close second.
8.  I'm trying to be more faithful, a better wife, and a better mother.  Oh, and a better housekeeper.  How do you become good at something you hate?
9.  My favorite dessert is just chocolate.  Really good chocolate.  Like Lazzaroni with amaretti, or Scharffen Berger.
10.  I'm a babysitter.  Something I never thought I would be.         
    

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I admit I have a secret crush on Joel McHale...LOVE the soup!

happy Belated Birthday

Sheri said...

I've never heard of that band - I'm going to have to check them out.

I love your sense of humor and how great you are with your kids. I wish you lived closer.

Jenna said...

Cute family picture

Amanda said...

Sheri-
Thanks. Sometimes I wonder what I am doing in this crazy place they call Utah. I wish we lived closer too. And beware of bad words. Listen to them alone first.

M. Nelson said...

There's crazier places to live--I'm learning that.

You've got me thinking about myself. Just about anything I used to be, or think I still am passionate about I would sell in a heartbeat most days for a good, long nap.

Maybe by the time I have a birthday in Jan. I will have come up with a list too.

I always thought you were a cool chick. But, in getting to know you better by way of your awesome blog I can say without a doubt there will come a day that your children will read all that you have written and be very proud.

Deb said...

The pictue is cute! I love hearing about you and from what I know, I don't think you could be a better wife or mother!

Tawnie said...

Your the BOMB!! I see bits and pieces of you in each of your children. You are so unique. You guys are really neat and I have enjoyed getting to know you and giving you CRAP! It feels great to have friends. My life was so boring until I met you. Thanks for being YOU!
Oh and I love this Pic. Families are forever.

Tawnie said...

Oh how rude of me...Happy Late Birthday.