Friday, December 26, 2008

Rockin'



Christmas Eve is on my list of favorite days of 2008 too.  We started off finishing the treats for neighbors, then tried to deliver them before everyone left for the day.  Those are the ginger snaps we make every year, and Nate is putting jam in the thumbprint cookies we also make every year.  This year we tried homemade marshmallows.  They were a huge hit!  I might not be able to eat the kind from the store anymore.  My holiday wouldn't have been complete without pistachio brittle.  Mmmm.





Who on our street was singing "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas"?  Because whoever it was should come over and shovel the 18 inches of snow we got on our driveway!  Just kidding, but seriously, that was a lot of freakin' snow.  We woke up on Christmas morning to the electricity being out.  It had been out for a couple hours and didn't turn back on until about 10:20.  Our house went down to 63 degrees!  So we unwrapped presents in our hoodies and blankets.  I felt bad for the electric guys that had to go to work on 









Christmas morning.  The kids were thrilled with all their presents.  Mads really got into it this year, which was fun.  And G was completely NOT into it.  I don't think he opened one present.  He was pretty interested in the new toys though.

I call this our Star Wars Clone Wars Christmas.  The four oldest are way into the Clone Wars, so we got them Jedi robes and Blasters.  G got a light saber because he didn't have one yet.  He likes anything he can hit people with.  Nate and I got Rock Band.  Wait... haven't I had that for a few months now?  Haven't you heard about that Santa who comes in August?  He brought us our Wii last year around that time too.  Good Santa.

Merry Christmas! 

I don't know how my pictures got all screwed up, but I can't fix them.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Hope you guys had a great Christmas!

Thanks for the treats--and yes, the marshmallows were REALLY good!! We've been wanting to try making them ever since we watched Alton Brown teach us on the Food Network. Now we have more motivation to because we know they really are way better than the ones at the store! We have a thing for you guys too--there was over a foot of snow on my COVERED porch...i wasn't going anywhere! So here they are sitting on my counter :) Maybe it will teach me not to procrastinate?? Doubtful. And no I don't care that they say Merry Christmas and it's past Christmas :)

Maybe we should let Ethan and G play together. They sound a lot alike! You know--making messes and thinking it's funny, hitting people with anything that works...... It's exhausting.

Sheri said...

Where did you get the jedi robes? Because my kids would LOVE those. And if you say you made them I might have to end our friendship.

Not really, but it will piss me off a little.

Amanda said...

I made them. : (

But I'll make some for your boys.