Sunday, October 27, 2013

Start Now For Next Year

Halloween comes a few days early in China.  Since it is such a big deal here at our housing complex, they have it on the Saturday before.  It's a big party with a costume parade, haunted house, and trick-or-treating.  I'm not a big fan of celebrating Halloween not on the 31st, but it was kind of nice to have the whole day to prepare.  It took a couple hours! 


Ghost Rider.



Bellatrix.


Nerd.
Even though she looks terribly cute, and she got a lot of laughs, this was not what she was supposed to be.  She wanted to be a goth.  I ordered a dress pattern online and got it, but it was the wrong size.  Much too wrong for me to alter it.  Unfortunately I didn't notice until it was too late to get another one.  She was disappointed, but she was cool with winging it last minute.  

Dementor.

Tonks.

Enemies.



Trick-or-treating.
In Chinese, trick-or-treat literally means "knock on door and ask for candy".  That's funny.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Awesome costumes!

Heather said...

Wow!!! They look amazing!!! Looks like you guys had a blast!