I'm really trying to decorate my house. I'm bad at it. I'm perfectly capable, I'm just bad at actually doing it. Either I can't decide on what I like, or I can't find what I like for the price I like. Anyway, I went to a furniture store trying to get some help. I was with a friend and I told her I wish I could go to a super rockin' garage sale and find stuff to use to create my own cool things. Then she said, "We should go to the Garbage Man." So we did.
There's a guy, The Garbage Man, who collects stuff and sells it. It was awesome. Very dirty, but awesome. It could take you days to look at all his stuff. We needed to bargain a bit. Not my favorite thing to do, but we went with this older lady from the ward who has lived here for lots of years. She has her picture on the wall at this store! Haha! She was able to get us some good deals. If I learned anything, it's that I'll always need to go to The Garbage Man with Sister T.
A lot of the stuff has a Chinese feel to it, but not everything.
Next time I'm going to buy that gold Buddha.
Here's what I got.
This was the most expensive thing I bought. Apparently it's old.
As we were leaving the guy in charge brought us over jade bracelets. Even if they were a tiny bit small, and he had to force them on, he did. Then he went away and brought back those beads I'm wearing. He just kept wrapping them around my wrist. Then he left again and brought back a handful of chopsticks. I guess we spent enough money to earn free take-aways.





No comments:
Post a Comment