So, I'm pretty mad at myself for not keeping up with my countdown. It is so much better when I write while things are fresh in my mind. Now I have forgotten all the fun details. But I'm over it, and we are moving on. I'm still going to catch up, but it will be less interesting, and abbreviated.
Day 7 - Pack Out
Since we had such a rough day the day before, we were able to relax a bit during pack out. The packers got there at about 11. Seemed kind of late, but who am I to make a fuss? To my surprise, two women showed up at my door. Not to stereotype genders or anything, but it was just not typical. They were s l o w. And it’s not even because they weren’t good at it, or less experienced, or weaker, it is because they couldn’t stop talking to each other long enough to get any work done! They would gossip, pack a few things, gossip, get in an argument, gossip, pack a few things, and the pattern would repeat. It didn’t really bother me because I was able to hang out with the boys which is something I hadn’t gotten to do for a while. I even took a little nap! Then around lunchtime everything changed. The guys who take the boxes down to the truck arrived. They came in and realized the women were nowhere near ready, so they called in reinforcements. It was funny to us how the whole mood in our house changed. No more talking. No more laughing. No more arguing. Work only. But they got our stuff packed and out in no time at all. That was it. Our stuff was gone. I wish I would have taken a picture of our stuff being crated up downstairs. It’s not everyday you get to see your stuff being prepared for a long boat ride.
We left our empty house right away. We went to have dinner at Cheeburger Cheeburger one last time with the Patchs. And other than my waning cheery mood, everything was perfect.

**********
Day 6 has no title. We went to IKEA. I remember that because I took this picture...

I think we just wanted to hang out, or maybe I needed to buy something there. A kid is missing. I remember why. That will come later.

Then Nate and I went to our favorite Vietnamese place and had banh mi and bubble drinks. I do remember them being SO GOOD. Like, roll over and die right there in the restaurant because your life will never be the same, good.
**********
Day 5 - Busy-ness
Rhon went to school for one last Fun Friday. Her class was terribly sad she was leaving. They made her an awesome book, gave her lots of hugs and attention, and said good bye.

B.A. had a Luau! Her primary teachers were the best party throwers ever. This luau was amazing. She even got to make and eat her own poi. She also made a lei with real flowers. So cool. We're going to miss the Bradshaws!

Then we had to rush home to have our own party. I let the girls invite some friends over for ice cream sundaes and a movie. It was kind of a going away/birthday party. It was great, even though we had to watch the movie on a lame tiny TV because all our stuff was gone. Everyone had fun.

**********
Day 4 - Farewell Patchs
I didn't take any pictures on this day! How could that happen? I (of course) can't remember what we did that day, but we had dinner at the Patchs house that evening. They made videos for us that made us cry, and gave us a book that we will treasure forever.
*********
Day 3 was Sunday. I had to go to Primary because I had a crying child. I got lucky because the kids were practicing the Mother's Day program. I knew I wasn't going to see the real show, so I was happy to see rehearsal. Especially because it was G's first time singing in sacrament meeting. He didn't disappoint. He was entertaining to say the least.
I snuck a picture...

And I can't remember why I took this picture. I'm sure there was a reason. I'm hoping it will come to me later.

**********
Day 2 - FHE
We had the Elders over for FHE and dessert. Both of which were pretty lame, but we had a good time. We used Oreos for a game. You stick it on your fore head and try to get it in your mouth by using your face. It was a crack up!


I don't think G even tried. He put it on his head, and then just grabbed it and put it into his mouth.


Then we said farewell to Elder Hill. We are so glad we got to have him and Elder Paswaters in our home so much. We will never forget him. We will never again find a missionary whose favorite band is MCS. And who loves Nacho Libre!
1 comment:
Im so glad you are back and writing again. I cant wait to hear all about your new adventures. Ive missed reading about them!! Hope all is well!!!
Post a Comment