Thursday, June 9, 2011

It's So Fluffy!

We had planned on going to New York for a night right after pack out. So the girls' last day of school would have been that Wednesday. We decided we couldn't fit it in, so I told the girls that they could keep going to school if they wanted to. The older two said absolutely not, but Dare for sure wanted to keep going. That's why she wasn't at IKEA. So her last day was supposed to be Tuesday, but she ended up getting strep throat, and she had to miss those last two days anyway. But since she never got to say good bye to her class, I brought her in on Day 1 of the countdown. Dare loved school! She had so many friends and loved her teachers. She was very sad to have to leave. She cried a lot, and she still does. When I brought her to school this day though, she didn't cry at all. I think she must have been cried out. But her teacher cried, and I cried. The kids were so sweet. They formed a hugging line. All of them gave Dare a hug. That class had such an amazing dynamic. They were all great friends, and they looked out for each other. I'm so glad we got to go to school in Falls Church! It was an amazing experience.

I took this picture later that day when Rachel came to say good bye. Rachel was an great friend for Bryn. She was always so nice to all my kids. Some older kids will ignore, and seem bothered by younger siblings, but not Rachel. She always took the time to talk to G, and let Rhon and Dare play with her.

I'm so glad we had the support system we had in DC. We lived by many State Department AND Mormon families. It was really good for us, and especially the kids. They were able to see how even though their life isn't going to be "normal", other kids do it, and they are amazing. I will always be grateful for the Blacks, Petersons, Flemings, Fowlers, Bremners, and especially the Patchs. Nate and I, and all of my kids had great friends. That's not even mentioning the rest of the ward. It was a great place to be. I'm so glad I got to live there a year. We had a wonderful time.

No comments: