I'm feeling kind of sad today, so I thought I post my Wesley post that I have been putting off. You know, because it's sad.
He's gone. We found a new home for him. Not too long after we found out we were moving to Indonesia, we decided he would be happier with nice people who could give him what he needed. Which is attention, room to run, frequent walks, a playmate, and cooler weather. I went back and forth for a few weeks. He is seriously the coolest dog on the planet. It was really hard giving him away. But we knew he would be happier, and it would be less stress on us as we prepare to move to another, not so pet friendly, country.
Just wanted to email you and let you know how Wesley is doing. Since he has been here, he has adjusted so well. He loves his new home. it works out great with our schedules because we rarely have to lock him up, so he is constantly doing something with us. Wesly gets along great with everyone he meets. I have brought him to a couple of family events and everyone can't get over how well behaved he is. He sleeps in bed with me most nights but loves sleeping on the hardwoods and he LOVES the backyard. At first he didn't like to go out there without me, and now we have trouble getting him back in! He loves running around with giant sticks in his mouth, and he loves chasing squirrels. I attached a photo of Wesley and Riley. They are like best buds! Wesley is always so excited when it's time to go to the office to see Riley. They love to run around and play until they are both exhausted. We, of course, have two pens set up for them, but as you can tell, they love to be together. Wesley also loves going to the dog park. He did so well with the other dogs and made lots of friends! I know now why you loved him so much. He is a wonderful dog and we are so happy we found him! So thank you for giving us a wonderful pet. He really is our new buddy. Thank you again and tell the kids Wesley says hi!
It makes me really happy knowing he is having a good time. I love that he carries around big sticks. I love picturing him doing that. The picture was cute. She cut all his hair off, which made me cringe because he is such a beautiful Wheaten. He deserves to look like one. But, it is probably much more practical since he is running around and playing all day. At least she kept his name.
And since we left Paris in Arizona, we are now petless. I never wanted to be petless. It breaks my heart. Paris is now with someone who loves her too. But I really wish she was here with me. That's all I have to say about that.
ps - I didn't edit the letter.
3 comments:
That's so rad they emailed you! And that they called him a dong.
Sorry you miss your dongs. I am glad they are in good hands. I know you felt so good about your parents taking care of Paris for you, I am sure they are taking great care of her!
But it probably still hurts to not have them with you. :(
OKay, I'm so confused. I still don't know where you moved to and why and now you drop the Indonesia bomb? What in the heck is the plan? I know you like anonymity on your blog, but some of us who are out of the loop need a little catching up! Email me or something or maybe just a little post with a little explaining. I assume it's all about your hubby's job, but I want to hear what he's doing and what town you ended up in. Your kids are so adorable and I love seeing them thrive even in a totally new place. You are a total super trooper. I can't even imagine moving a family of that size across the country and then all of these road trips!... geesh! You have super human energy or else are secretly doing speed! Either way, I would love to know your secret. I read your blog all the time but I just get more and more confused! We had an amazing cat we had to give up when we moved back to AZ from Oregon so I know the heartbreak, but we also found an awesome family for her so it softened the loss for me. You have such a fabulous family. Keep the posts coming! stacikramer@gmail.com
I'm so sorry....
What a cute letter that she sent you! How thoughtful :)
It's so hard to lose a pet, they seriously are like one of your own children.
Luckily for him, it seems he is in a very pleasant place ;)
Post a Comment