Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Toon Link

If there is a piece of paper, and a writing utensil handy, Mads will be playing Tic Tac Toe. He loves it. And he's good. He has beaten me several times because he knows how to trap you between wins in 2 different directions. Sometimes he just draws a Tic Tac Toe board with random x's and o's on it for fun. At the library, he was supposed to color a fish. He drew a Tic Tac Toe board, three x's down the side, and a line through them. He was done. It's like his trademark or something.

*****

Anytime I ask Mads to do something, he replies with, "Aye aye, Captain!" He says it about 35 times a day. He means no disrespect, and he is not sarcastic at all. He just thinks it's fun to say. I don't mind. I love it. Every time, it makes me smile.

*****

Mads' new thing is to tell me there is good news and bad news. There is never just good news. There is never just bad news. It is always good and bad. And that's the way he tells me too.
while in the tub...
Mads - "Mom, I have good news and bad news."
Me - "Oh yeah. What's up?"
Mads - "The good news is, I'm right here. The bad news is, is that G keeps splashing me."

If I haven't heard good and bad news in a while, I can just ask him, "What's the good news and bad news?" He will always come up with something. He doesn't even have to think. It's like it is already in his head, he was just waiting for the opportunity to tell me.
This is also something that I hear a lot during the day. I love it too.

*****


Mads started a co-op preschool last week. I didn't really talk to him about it because I wanted to be sure I was definitely doing it before I got his hopes up. So I just told him right as I was dropping him off the first time. The teacher told me that at about 10 or 20 minutes in he says, "Oh man! This is just like school. I just want to go home and play games!" Yes, he really likes games. I think he likes preschool too, but it just takes a little more motivation.

I really like having this kid around. I won't say he's my favorite, because you all know he is.

1 comment:

me said...

haha such a cute kid!! miss you guys