Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sushi and Gelato

This sushi restaurant is in the middle of the mall we usually go to. The kids ask if we can eat there every time we see it. I think it is because it looks really fun. All of the food goes around the restaurant on a conveyer belt type thing. And it is bright, and lively looking. I am cool with the idea of them eating sushi, but it is not always universally loved, and it can get expensive, so we've always said no.
This time we decided to let them try it.
It was fun! I made the mistake of telling them to just pop it all in at once. They were pretty small, but not small enough. B.A. almost didn't get down the first one she tried. She kept gagging! After that we decided to cut them all in half. They all liked it quite a bit. Even B.A. was able to give the next few varieties a try. They all had a great time. This wasn't the best place to get sushi, but it was an easy way to try a few kinds for a snack. The weirdest thing was that G was the biggest fan. He kept eating and eating. He never eats! Not unless I feed him anyway. He loved it. Rhon and Dare loved the fish eggs that topped some of the sushi.

That called for some gelato...
Pitango. It was wonderful. Some of the best gelato I have ever eaten. Every flavor was amazing. The girls loved the raspberry. Mads is all about the lemon. I don't think G cared. He was in heaven. Nate got cardamom. He was thrilled with the variety. I got pistachio, hazelnut, and dark chocolate. Of course. Me + pistachio gelato = true love.

4 comments:

liz said...

Oh and there you go! Just like I asked! Was this post for ME!?

ps. Evan loves sushi too and it cracks me up. I was shocked. And proud. And then I didn't want to share it anymore.

pss. Zane always calls it suh-shee. I will never correct him.

"I hate suh_shee" he exclaims.

Amanda said...

Isn't he though? Ahhh...

liz said...

lol. we are wierd friends. i love it.

Sheri said...

Pistachio gelato...yum.