Wednesday, September 1, 2010

National Cathedral

We decided to take a drive one day when we had a little time. We thought we would check Georgetown out. I think we found Georgetown, but kept driving. We ended up at a little park right by the Potomac. The kids spent about 15 or 20 minutes throwing rocks into the river. Seriously, if you ever have a bored kid, give him a body of water and some rocks. Greatest fun on earth. So, when we were done with that, we started driving around some more. And we just happened to run into this...
The National Cathedral
We didn't even know we could tour it, or if it was even open. But we thought what the heck, and parked anyway. We got in, and it was really cool. Definitely worth the stop.
It was the first time my kids have been in a Catholic church. I think it is great for them to know there are different religions out there. Not something that you encounter much in Utah. Needless to say, we had to explain a lot. Like why each chair had a pillow. No, not in case you needed a quick nap. Although I might be tempted, and I know Nate would.
The girls loved the stained glass. It really was impressive.

1 comment:

Dana said...

What an amazing sight to see. The building is incredible and very beautiful. I think over the next many years I am going to see the world (through your eyes :)! I am so excited!