Road trip! We decided last minute -- like make reservations for a hotel as we are leaving our house last minute-- to drive to Philadelphia. We are so excited about the fact that we have places to drive while we live here.
Well, we spent the first hour of our trip, to a cool new city, driving around a sketchy neighborhood. Not on purpose. We were looking for the (pronounced thee) Philly Cheesesteak place. We made it. Was it worth it? Umm... let's just say it was a good experience.
We totally did the touristy bus tour again. I am a huge advocate of the bus tours! Love them. I'm pretty sure I will do it in all the big cities we visit. Other than being a little hot, we had a great time.
I was a little slow on the picture taking, so the first picture I have is of the ice cream place we went. We didn't know it was cash only, so we only got a couple things and shared.
Then we stopped at Independence Hall. The grass was way more fun than the tour. Running and cartwheels could not be avoided.

Cityscape.
Apparently, in Philadelphia, the 2nd most visited place under the Liberty Bell is the Rocky Steps. I thought it was hilarious that people lined up in front of this statue to get their picture taken. There are also the steps that people run up because that's what Rocky did. This isn't a picture of the statue, it is a picture of the people taking pictures. Hilarious. Was 'Rocky' really that good? I'll have to check it out...
I loved all the murals. Philadelphia has 3000-ish murals. I loved the old streets. I loved the art museum and wished I could go inside. Maybe next time when the kids can wait for me.
6 comments:
Wow! Amazing trips! ypur kids are so lucky! I would love to see all those places someday, definately jealous! You guys are the coolest parents ever! I am even more jealous of the Philly cheesesteak sandwiches! I've always wanted to go to the 2 that are major rivals across from each other...I can't remember the names?
Awesome pics!
I love that you can touch the Liberty Bell. For some reason we didn't see the Rocky steps when we went to Philly. Bummer.
It is so awesome that you are doing such a great job at seeing all of the sights while you can. That has always been my biggest regret with each move is that we didn't take more advantage of those opportunities. Keep having fun!
Does that mean you've never seen the movie "Rocky"? I love checking your blog and seeing all of your new adventures. Call me again if you ever have an extra minute.
The retreat is next weekend... I have to say that I am ready for you to move back!
Philly is still on our list and perhaps our next little road trip. Having never seen Rocky myself, I had no idea there might be an actual monument. Aside from the bell and what looks like a fantastic play museum, we'd be going for Ikea--it is the nearest to us and Ethan is really needing some bookshelves.
Post a Comment