Thursday, April 29, 2010

'Twas the Night Before...

There are no pictures for this post. In fact, I haven't been thinking too much of blogging the last few weeks. Especially the last few days. I had all kind of ideas about my blog posts that I would do for my final days in Utah. Those will have to wait because all I can think of is this will be the last night I spend in my house. Ever.

I'm not going to lie. It's kind of weird.

I love this house. I love that we fell in love with it the first time we saw it. They didn't have anymore available, but then a couple weeks later we came to see it again and there was one! We were so happy. This is the first house we ever bought. The first house that has ever been mine. I love our front room with the bookshelves. I love the kitchen with it's yellow paint. I love the front patio. I love that our kids grew up (so far) here. I love that we let B.A. choose what color of paint for her room. And it is still that color. We brought both our boys home from the hospital to this house. We rode bikes outside countless times. We painted. We fixed. We mowed lawns. We had a garden, and planted flowers in the front yard. We even put in a beautiful new floor! Even though our driveway is super steep, I love that our house is high. We have a great view. I love our neighbors. We have the best next door neighbors you could ever wish for. On both sides. And two houses down on each side. I will probably never live in a neighborhood like this again.

I'm kind of sad. I wonder what it will be like to live in a new home, with new neighbors, and new views.

That being said, I hope someone buys it. Soon.

9 comments:

Heather said...

You make me sad :( I can't believe that you and Aspen both leave me here! Again, me, alone with all the old ladies in RS. Thanks....
But you are going to have so much fun on your new journey to come!
I can't wait to hear about all the fun stuff you guys get to experience! So you better blog about it all, and often! Good luck!!!!! I will miss ya!

Jenna said...

So sad! We are going to miss you guys so much! I know that G will miss Peyton throwing playdough cutters at him in nursery.( I saw this happen on Sunday....sorry) Anyway, wish you guys all the best! *tears*

M. Nelson said...

I hear what your saying. I still miss my UT house. It was our first home too. I miss Kellianne across the street and great neighbors up and down.

If your experience is anything like ours you will have a great time seeing new things and meeting new people. However, I'm not going to lie, in there will be mixed in a little regret too.

I hope to see you soon!

Lisanne said...

Moving is hard, but you never know what adventures lie ahead. Did I hear right that you are headed to D.C.? If so, my sister just spent the last 3 years there for law school. I can give you her number or email if you have questions! Good luck and for sure keep us updated on your blog!!

Stacey said...

I am so sad! I love your cute house too... Blog a lot! We will miss you.

Alice Gibbons said...

Where are you going? I am sad your family is one of my favorites!
Alice

Aspen said...

I can't believe that you are gone. I know, I know, I left first. But still, it is just weird knowing that you are not there anymore either. I'm going to miss playing Rock Band, chatting/eating in the kitchen, watching G and Brynlie fight, and that sign above your bed. :) Two years better go by fast.

Maria Babin said...

Where are you going?????

Kim said...

Moving is hard...I will admit, but you will soon find that home is where you make it. Best of luck and keep posting about all of your new adventures!