Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Chill

I'm not going to lie. Before I had Mads, I didn't really care about having a boy. I thought I was going to have all girls, and I was okay with that. I was in my girl groove. Very comfortable. When they told me my baby was a boy, I was a little shaken up. A little freaked. It took me a few months to get used to the idea. Good thing I had that long before he came. Right away having a boy was pretty much the same. All except for the fact that when he peed when he didn't have a diaper on it squirted rather than dribbled like a girl would do. One time while changing his diaper, he peed. I remember being pretty impressed with the speed and distance a little boy part could create. It went right over his head and about 3 feet behind him onto the floor.

But shortly after babyhood he became "boyish" quickly. And I like it. I'm glad he is mine.

Mads at four...
You have bad dreams a lot. Sometimes you wake up screaming. It makes me sad. You sleep in my bed more often than not.
You still carry your Dark Dark Blue Blanket everywhere.
You love to quote Nacho Libre.
When you draw a picture, there is always a person fighting a snake. I love them.
Video games are your favorite. We have limited your game playing to Saturdays only, so every day you ask me if it is Saturday. If not, you ask how many days until Saturday.
You love to eat. You savor your food and enjoy every minute of eating. There is nothing you won't eat.
You still have the most expressive face ever. Lots of looks.
You are reading a little, and you still love to have me read to you.
You are asking a lot of questions.
You are taking swimming lessons for the first time. You love it. You tell me you can swim, but then you sink like a stone.
You are a groover. If you hear music, you will dance. It is awesome.
You love Vampire Weekend. Your new thing is to ask me what the lyrics mean.
You love playing outside. You love your new scooter.
You always ask me when we are going to fly on a plane.
You will put yourself to bed when you are tired.

I hope you let me carry you to bed a few more years. You are a cool kid. I love you.

No comments: