Saturday, April 17, 2010

Four? Gimme a break, right? Wrong!




Mads turned four this week. He has been asking when he turns four everyday for the last 6 months. He was so excited when it got closer. Finally the day came. As soon as I saw him I told him happy birthday. Then I told him how cool it was to be a four year old. He said, "I'm not four." I told him he was, and he said, "I don't feel four." It was pretty funny to me. I think he expected some sort of change. He told me maybe in eleven days he will be four. It took quite a bit of convincing, but we finally got to believe he was four. (That is, until the next day. We had to convince him all over again.)

He got into it a little more when I told him he could play video games. (He is usually only allowed to play on Saturdays.) Then he got to choose what he wanted for lunch. Arctic Circle. Corn dog. Playplace.

When we got home, he made sure Dare knew he was special. "It's my birthday, and I can do whatever I want!" is what we heard from him a few times. It's true! He got to play what he wanted to play, and watch what he wanted to watch.

Later, Grandma and Mark came over for some cake and ice cream. He got a new scooter, and helmet. He was pretty stoked about his Ben 10 helmet.


3 comments:

M. Nelson said...

Holy Cow! He can raise one eyebrow! That's talent.

Adelaide had been counting down to her birthday too. I was nervous after all the anticipation she'd be disappointed with the low-key celebration. But after birthday balloons and spaghetti and meatballs for dinner, she said it was the best day ever.

Happy Birthday, Mads!

Heather said...

Crazy! I remember the days when him and M's were on the nursery floor crying :) They grow up sooooo fast! He's a cutie!

Sheri said...

happy birthday Mads! four is awesome - trust me.