Thursday, September 25, 2008

Make Way

We were so happy to be able to go to Jut and Jen's wedding this last weekend.  It was such a wonderful ceremony, and I was very glad to be there.
I didn't take very many pictures all weekend.  It was kind of hard to do.

 

The boys looked so handsome.  The girls looked beautiful.  We were supposed to be at the temple at 1:45, and I started to get everyone ready at about 10.  I didn't have time to do the girls' hair and we still barely made it on time.  I don't know why it takes us so long to get ready. 

 It was dreadfully hot outside.  





















Of all the kids, Mads liked dancing the most.  I had to practically drag the others on the dance floor.  

See that fountain?  That was the first thing I saw when I walked in.  I knew I had to be on my toes watching Dare and the boys around it.  They were interested, but it seemed to wear off.  While they were doing the garter thing, we went back over there for another look.  When we were done, I picked up G, and told Mads, "let's go."  I thought he was following me, but the next thing I see is Melissa trying to get my attention over to a soaking wet 2 year old.  I expected a leg maybe, or even his head from tipping over, but no... it was his whole body.  Shoes, pants, hair, even his cute little green tie.  Every inch of him was soaked.  He fell completely in.  I'm just glad someone was there to pull him out.  I wasn't at all surprised that of all the kids there, mine was the one who fell in the fountain.  I guess statistically my chances are better.

The trip wouldn't have been complete without someone getting sick.  And sure enough, Nate and Mads have been super sick the last couple days.  This has happened the last four trips to Arizona.  I'm starting to get suspicious. 

5 comments:

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

lol...that's classic! I love that he doesn't care he just jumps all the way in!

I love Arizona...wish I was able to go...I would even take getting sick to get there for a weekend! :)

Sheri said...

Your kids are so darn cute.

If we had went, Max would've been the one pushing Mads in the fountain.

Camille said...

Where is the picture of you ;)
what did you end up wearing? What a funny story! That sounds like something that would happen to my kids! Raegan loves water.

Amanda said...

I am ALWAYS behind the camera. Anytime there is a picture of me, I took it myself, or one of the kids did it.
I wore a black dress I already had. I know... dumb. But I got two pair of new shoes I really love. And I got like 3 new neckalaces and tons of earrings. I think I will wear earrings more often.
Did you see how hot Nate looks? Nice hair!

Camille said...

I'm glad you got some cute stuff! i'm sure you looked awesome! you are too cute!
love nates hair ;)