Monday, September 29, 2008

Tears

Rhon came home from school with tear streaks down her cheeks.  She had a problem, and there was nothing I could have done.  It was more difficult for me than for her, I think.  She is only 6.  There is no reason she should have to deal with sadness on her own.  It breaks my heart.  I keep picturing her crying all by herself, with no one to comfort her.  No one she trusts.  I can't do it.  I can't handle it.  I don't know what I'm going to do.

The whole family got sick.  Except Dare.  She somehow always manages to stay well.  G has massive diarrhea.  I can handle that.  Changing 15-20 diapers a day doesn't bother me.  It is his diaper rash that is the problem.  I know it happens with diarrhea.  I did everything I could think of to prevent it.  It still came.  And it is bad.  He is in so much pain.  I just want him to be comfortable.  I do what I can, but mostly... I'm helpless.

Today in Relief Society, the teacher related a story about someone she knows whose 16 month old baby drown in his own back yard.  I feel sick.  I can't bear to think of the pain this mother is feeling.  

Tears.  Tears.  Tears. 

3 comments:

Angie said...

I am sorry you are having a rough patch! I hope everyone feels better soon!

Sheri said...

I hate it when my kids come home upset. The mother lion totally comes out. Hope your day gets better!

Nicole said...

Oh I feel for you so much! I hope the tears can soon turn to giggles again.