Last night was the fourth night in a row.
He says he is scared, and I feel bad for him. I let him lay next to me on the couch.
He doesn't sleep. He flops, kicks, squirms, rolls, pats me, and elbows me.
I fall asleep before him. It is about 1:00 am. It is worse when I am sleeping. Somehow my senses are more acute. I feel his movements 10 times more, and I wake up each time.
He is asleep. Daddy puts him in his bed.
The third night he goes to bed early but wakes up at 3:30 am. He feels well-rested and hungry. I know this because he brings me a pudding to open. I do.
He gets bored, and decides kicking me in the face would be fun. It's not.
He brings me books to read to him. When I don't answer his calls, "Momma, Momma, doing?" he pats my shoulder to double his efforts. I tell him books are a good idea, but to read them by himself. He doesn't like that response. He starts to pat Daddy.
I decide to go to the family room. Daddy needs the rest.
On the fourth night, he screams again because he is scared. Daddy goes to lay down with him in his bed. He sleeps.
Pictures of a sleep deprived child throwing a fit.
We have not been the best of friends the past few days. I am having a hard time being sensitive to his problems and feeling sorry for him. My love must be conditional. No sleep = no love.
6 comments:
I'm sorry! Those terrible two are worse than terrible sometimes. Maybe we should trade kids for a couple of days.
Max has been doing that same thing on and off for 3 years now.
I feel your pain.
Oh dear! That does not sound like fun! I haven't talked to you in forever it seems! I hope he starts sleeping soon! I don't know how you keep up with all five kids on no sleep! You really are super woman aren't you!
Amen!
If you figure out how to get a full night of sleep, could you PLEASE let me know the secret??!!
Not only does lack of sleep make love more conditional, it makes for a short-tempered mommy with no energy to do fun things or go anywhere. Or speak in full sentences that make sense.
i threw a blanket and pillow on the floor next to our bed and zane stopped after a while. the ground just didn't seem inviting to him anymore. mean huh.
It makes me tired even reading about those nights. Might I suggest a mild sedative? Works for my 3 year old. Just kidding...although somtimes the thougt does enter my mind.
Post a Comment