I was a good mom today.
I spend a great deal of my life feeling guilty about one thing or another, but today I am guilt-free. Here's why:
I saved SCM from choking. This was the second time this week. I even vacuumed today, but he still found something on the floor to try and eat.
I danced with the kids. They love Another Postcard by Barenaked Ladies, and Dirty Little Secret by All-American Rejects.
I didn't make the kids eat left-overs for lunch. I really just wanted them all to myself, but I made it seem like they were getting a treat by having PB and H.
I let Stir Fry listen to the same song over and over. She can get obsessed with learning the lyrics. This time it was Wong Fei.
I didn't yell at all. I even talked Mads out of throwing a fit because he didn't want to get buckled into the car. I just asked him why not, and told him why it was important. He was distracted enough to forget he was upset. Nor did I yell when he smacked SCM. Or when Dare got out of bed for the blue-gazillionth time. It seemed so easy. Yelling sucks.
We went outside to ride bikes. This was hard for me today because it was cold outside. Yes, it is still not warm. Dumb.
I planned out my summer art class for the kids. Hopefully my enthusiasm holds up for 9 weeks.
I had a vegetable rich dinner ready by 6:00 sharp. Okay, maybe 6:15. Definitely by 6:20.
I gave the kids an extra 10 minutes to play before bedtime. Tomorrow is the last day of school after all. I know that is not that generous, but they were pleased.
I gave out about 1000 hugs. SCM only slightly whined when I squeezed him too hard.
5 comments:
I swear you have the best teeth ever! super cute picture.
That is such a pretty picture of you! Sounds like you are the Mom of the Year for sure or at least the month, okay maybe the week, definitley the DAY you were ON IT!!!lol!
Your kids are so lucky to have you! The choking thing scares me to death. I'm so glad you thought clearly and went into action. I always wonder it that happened to me would I be calm or freak out and forget what to do. Let's hope I never find out!
I love days like that.
You are a great Mom and your kids are beautiful..I love their spunk. I know you give it to them. Today I am thinking of you and how it could be possible to handle 5 kids. I have Aspen's, Tami's and mine all here at work with me and they are driving me bonkers. Good for you on handling it on a day to day basis!
Post a Comment