Here are some of the best "Dad" moments.
Reading with the kids
Throwing them down the sledding hill
Holding baby #5
Nate has many "good dad" qualities. He is one of the best. My favorite thing he does as a father is how he teaches the kids everything he can. He will always give them honest answers to any question. I doesn't matter to him if it seems complicated, or might take a while to explain, he loves the opportunity. Because of this, they know all about gardening, cooking, weather, traffic, animals, poop, how paper is made (this one comes up a lot), fire, etc. The list is endless. I know my patience for questions is shamefully low, and I don't usually know the answers, so he definitely makes up for it.
Last night I asked the girls individually what they loved most about Dad. I wrote their answers down for him, but one thing they all said was that he is funny. Tonight when he was making us all laugh, I stopped to look at him. He had the most satisfied smile on his face. I know being a father is what he loves, and making our children happy gives him the greatest joy.
2 comments:
First of all Happy Anniversary...we are only a few months behind you and like 3 kids behind...and I love your post about him...that sounds like a great moment!
there were 3 things i always knew about nate:
1) he would marry a cool girl
2) he would have a lot of kids
3) he would be a great dad
It makes me so happy to see all these things going on just like he wanted one day- you guys are super awesome family!
ps love that shot of the sleddingm totally should be framed!
Post a Comment