Sunday, June 8, 2008

Kindergarten is Over... Tear



Rhon graduated from kindergarten.  We were all worried there for a while, but she managed to pull through in the end.

I didn't think I would mind as much with her moving on to first grade like I did with #1, but I do.  It's such a peculiar, difficult, uneasy feeling having a kid away from you for most of the day. She has been my rock for a long time.  I am literally scared of the youngest three when I am by myself.  I count on Rhon to keep everyone in line.  She is a natural leader, so Dare will do whatever she does, and Mads will do whatever Dare does (heaven help me), and I am sure it will continue on with SCM. 

Plus, I will just miss her.

She is ecstatic, of course.  Well, as ecstatic as she gets.  She is a very calm, cool ecstatic.  She is thrilled about eating lunch at school, having 2 recesses, being with Stir Fry, and riding home with Becky.  The whole idea is so natural to her.  Just another thing she takes in stride.

Just a few pics I took of her throughout the year.

This is at the zoo field trip.  I didn't see much of her, because I couldn't keep up with her group. I had the three youngest in tow. 
This was the "Nursery Rhyme Festival".  The kids memorized the nursery rhymes and made back drops.  They chose a character from a nursery rhyme and stood like statues until their button was pushed.   Kids from other classes, and families would go around pushing buttons. Then they would recite and act out their rhyme. Rhon was Jill from Jack and Jill.
She had to do a presentation on an animal.  She chose the white rhinoceros.  She did a really great job.  I was able to be there for it, and Stir Fry even asked her teacher if she could come to support her sister.  I could tell she was nervous.  She kept messing with her hair.  I don't think public speaking will be easy for anyone in our family.    
Just picking her up.
She was almost always last in line.  I'm not really sure why.  If I know her, it was because it was just too much trouble to rush.
Congrats Rhon!
 

4 comments:

Deb said...

She is sooooo beautiful!!!! You're going to have to chase the boys away if you havn't had to already.

Sheri said...

I almost had a breakdown when Ben went to 1st grade. They sound alot the same.

Jamey said...

She is looking so grown up! I am kind of excited for when my kids go to school. It looks like she did a lot of really fun things this year! (maybe I will feel differently when they actually do start going, but for now, I am excited!)

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Congrats Rhon! That is so cool...That means you and DCar are the same age! I am excited for DCAR to go the WHOLE day of school as much as he is!

But I hear ya on her keeping the other ones in line...WHAT will you do? lol!