Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sunday

This is probably not going to make sense, or be funny to anyone, but I had to write it down, and this blog is my new favorite thing to use to remember stuff.  So this one is for me... and you, if you keep reading.

Nate and I had uncontrollable, tear-filled laughter this past sacrament meeting.  It lasted somewhere between 5 and 10 minutes.  Luckily we were in the back row, so there weren't many people to witness the rudeness.

The speakers didn't take enough time, so the bishop got up to speak at the end.  I missed most of what he was talking about, which happens to me a lot.  But something he said caught my attention.  He was talking about someone being stranded, and how he debated killing himself.  I looked over at Nate and asked who he was talking about.  Nate, with his quick wit, said Brother Parker.  I turned away, not thinking much about the fact that Nate is always playing jokes on me.  I continued to listen, growing more and more confused.  The bishop told the story, and I listened intently.  At one point he said, "And as you all know, he was able to... (something, I can't remember)"  I think it was the "as you all know" that topped it off.  I was thinking, What?  Should I know this?  Is Brother Parker's story common knowledge?  I had NO idea he was stranded on a island.  

It seemed so fantastical, and I almost didn't believe it.  But that is what Nate said he was talking about, so I went on believing.  Finally, after many mind struggles and much confusion, I looked over at Nate.  He was laughing at me.  The funny part here is, is that after seeing Nate laugh, my first thought was not that Nate was joking with me.  I asked him if the bishop was making it up.  That sent him into a new fit of laughter.  Then he told me that he was talking about Tom Hanks when he was in that movie, Cast Away.

I know he was laughing at the look on my face, and his cleverness.

It is really fun to watch Nate laugh.  He is usually on the other side of laughter... the one who causes the laughter.  So when he is laughing so hard he almost has to put SCM down, for fear of dropping him, and tears are streaming down his face, you know that something is really funny. Ian is usually the only person who can make him laugh like this.  But I am taking credit for this one, even though it was Nate's doing.

                                        

I thought this was a good opportunity so share this picture.  I took it when Jen was at church with us because she had her camera.  He naps with SCM in sacrament, and with Mads in priesthood.  I don't care if he sleeps, as long as he is helping out with the kids.  And I can't get them to sleep at church.  

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Nate's laugh is contagious.

That's one thing I love about Ian - he makes me laugh so hard that sometimes I pee my pants.

me said...

classic!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

I was laughing...it was funny to me! That is totally me in a nutshell...always coming in at half-time! :)

I am flying up next weekend, so i could do them Thursday night or Friday Morning (we are coming up for a camping trip and we have to get to the camp site Friday night...but if you need the pics for something urgent...let me know and I might be able to work something out for you this Friday! :)