Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Dynamite



We had our last soccer game on Saturday.  It was really fun for both of us.  Dare didn't get into it as much as I thought she would, but she got a couple goals, and she says she had fun.

There was another girl on the team that wouldn't leave Dare alone.  The first few games were the worst.  She would tug on her shirt, try to hold her hand, and give her hugs.  I thought it was funny because you could tell Dare doesn't have the patience for that kind of treatment.  She would run away from her, and push her hands away.  I tried to keep one of them sitting out all the time, but the girl would follow Dare off and tell me she wanted to sit out.  I wonder if Dare is used to more mature behavior because she plays with a 6 and 7-year-old all the time (that isn't to say that my older girls are soooo mature).  But that is how I would have been at that age, so I think it is hilarious.
I think the experience was good for her.  And look how adorable she is!

For me, the coaching was far more enjoyable than I thought it would be.  I would do it again anytime.  Our team was really well behaved, and talented.  We won all but the first game.  And the kids worked so hard... well, most of them.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I've always wanted to coach one of my kids but am too scared. Sports are way too competitive here.

You're right - she is adorable :)

me said...

yes i play favorites! :P