Saturday, March 8, 2008

Stick 'em up




At preschool yesterday, our lesson was about police officers as a community helper and what they do.  The kids were very interested in all the pictures I showed them of cops in uniform, police cars, etc.  They noticed the batons and guns the officers wore.  They, as any 4-year old would, asked what they were for.  I tried to explain the best I could.  I learned later in class my best was not good enough.  As class time came to a close, I asked the kids what we learned about today.  They all happily answered correctly, "police officers."  So I then asked what police officers do.  It was very silent until my child, yes my Dare, says in her loudest, most excited voice, "They hurt people!"  I guess we will have to go over that one again.  Hopefully her grandpa never finds out she thinks he "hurts people" for a living.
I didn't mean to make her hair look like a crusty convict's.  But it worked well in this picture.

No comments: