I have good news and bad news.
I'll start with the good news. Mads talking has been a long time in coming. His ear infections as a baby affected his hearing, so that slowed the talking down. Well, maybe not, but that is the excuse I'm sticking to. In the last couple months, he has started to come around, and repeat pretty much everything. It has been really fun. The girls also get a kick out of this. Our dinner time is filled with "say ____" (fill in the blank... laughter). Bryn likes to tell him to say "goat" and then laughs histerically. Amanda A. inspired me to write down some stuff Mads says. I'll do it this way: "mom mass doo doo" Momma's dude (my personal favorite)
"hi EEE" and "by EEE by EEE" Hi and bye bye
"a mmm" Apple
"garrr" Water (???)
"burrp baaa eer" Root beer
"Bee" Bryn
"Oneen" Rhon-her real name
"Daruh" Dare -her real name
These are just a few of the really cute ones. He says quite a few things that are perfect, like car. I think that was his first word.
Now the bad.
Mads came in our bedroom this morning and woke me up. This is bad news on so many levels. It means two things: he can get out of his crib, and he can open doors. I guess my extra hour of sleep on Saturday morning is history. With him free to roam, nothing is safe, especially him.
By the way, "beebee" is what he calls himself. Maybe it is baby, I don't know.
1 comment:
Ohhh...climbing out of his crib and opening doors...that is bad news.
Post a Comment