Nate and I had a surprise for the kids, so we went to the mall. Plaza Senayan. The malls in Jakarta try to get a bit of the Christmas vibe by channeling the commercial side of it. Outside the malls, it is pretty much nonexistent. The malls don't do a great job. In fact, most of it's pretty weird. Especially this...
What?!! Flying horned hyena? With a long tail? Oh man, we could not stop laughing at this thing, or figure it out. Either way, it does not belong where kids wait in line to see Santa. It's just freakish.
And here's Santa. He looks less than thrilled. And it looks like his wearing pjs. And his helpers looked like they were wearing bath robes. All hilarious. I do love how tropical flowers are mixed in with the poinsettias. It doesn't scream North Pole to me, but I like it. See those men on the bottom left? They were playing live music. That is a common feature at the malls. In fact, it is unusual when we go to a mall and there isn't anyone 'vocalizing' in a microphone.
I bet your Santa doesn't wear Converse.
I snuck a picture of some boys sitting on Santa's lap.
As for our surprise...
We went to have dumplings! You might not think that's a big deal, but my kids know it is. They were so happy. G said it was "the best day ever." I think the kids could eat dumplings every day. Which is good news since we are moving to Beijing.
Paradise Dynasty. They serve pork dumplings unlike most other dumpling places. It makes a difference, trust me.
That was December 22nd.






1 comment:
Your Christmas is so much more exciting! Love the Santa's get up, shoes and all! And that Reindeer thingy with wings, Scary!!! Seriously though, you have lots of cool things there, haha! Love the pj's, you are such a cute mom!
Post a Comment