December 9th
The primary kids acted out the nativity for the ward party. Mads and G were shepherds. They rocked Jedi robes and scrap fabric head scarves. Dare and BA were angels, and Rhon was the innkeeper. You would think that that role was boring, but she improvised. It's never what you expect with Rhon. Especially when it's a performance.
I did take pictures of the other kids, but since it was indoors and dark, they didn't turn out well. This was just the best one.
December 14th
We had the sister missionaries over for dinner. Missionaries always brings such a happy spirit into our home. We were remembering when we did the oreo trick with the Elders in DC, so Dare tried it with a ginger snap.
We wanted to make it feel more like winter around here so we made lots of snowflakes. And we hung them up. It was fun. Everyone made some, even the boys. Theirs were some of the best ones.
On December 18th, I went out with the sister missionaries. My experience really deserves a post of its own, but I may never get to it. It was awesome. Those girls are amazing. Serving in Indonesia is probably extremely challenging. I'm no authority, but it can't be easy. But these girls represent the gospel better than anything/anyone I have ever witnessed. So humbling, so inspiring. I took a lot of pictures that day, but I loved this one the most. When we were done, they were off to another appointment, and I grabbed a taxi to take me home. I took this when I was driving off.




No comments:
Post a Comment