Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I Am Surrounded By Dwarves

Nate had been reading The Hobbit to the kids, so we thought we'd take them to see the movie.  We went on Christmas Eve.  The kids were lucky because they were showing it in the premier theater.  So they got to experience the comfy seats.  They don't show kid movies in the premier.  And I know The Hobbit is not a kid movie either!  I saw the cut off head rolling across the ground!  It was a little more expensive than we thought it was because the Indonesian government decided THAT DAY that Christmas Eve was a holiday.  So we had to pay holiday prices.  Annoying, but not surprising.

We went to the new mall in Kemang.  It is 5 minutes away!  So nice.  And we had lunch before the movie.  We had fish and chips at Manhattan Fish Market.

Nate ordering drinks.  He likes getting a coke with lychee jellies.  This time he got a triple shot, and he got one for all of us.  We all loved it too. 

So excited!

On the escalator on the way home.

When we got home, we had some cheese fondue to continue our Christmas Eve dinner tradition.

And chocolate for dessert, of course.

We also do the traditional opening of one present before bed.  PJs.  Rhon is acting.  They are all fake surprised.  They knew what they were since they saw me making them.  I should probably try harder to be secretive, but who wants to lock themselves away and be alone sewing for hours?  I chose to hang out with the fam while I was doing it even if it spoiled the surprise.

I used batik fabric.  It's a special Indonesian method of making fabric.  It's everywhere.  Everyone wears it.  I thought that fabric looked Christmasy and batik-y.

It was a great day.  One of my favorites.

No comments: