Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Alto

B.A. plays the saxophone...


It's fun. She likes it.

I didn't surprise me that it took her several weeks to decide what instrument she wanted to play. She was wavering up until the last minute. At first it was baritone. Then it was trombone. Then sax, then trombone again. It was just like her. And just like her father. And just like her father, she chose saxophone. It was an exciting night when we picked it up. Nate helped her put it together and she was able to get nice toots out of it on her first try. Then all the other kids got a turn. There was a lot of spit-sharing that night.
We are all very happy for her. We'll see how it goes...

2 comments:

Staci Kramer said...

This kills me because this is exactly the instrument I chose at that age. I never learned to play it, mostly just fake it until they let me quit, but I totally see the draw. I actually still have mine and I recently found out that its worth a lot of money because its like an antique. I was thinking about buying some reeds this week so that my kids could try it out and then I saw your post. Too funny! Good luck, B.A.! I'm rooting for you!

Amanda said...

She practices with the clarinet players, and I love it how she is one of two girls playing the saxophone. All the other girls play the clarinet. That huge, heavy case didn't scare her!