
Well, Nate was skipping rocks. Everyone else was giving their best shot.

We were amazed when we took the cross-country drive and realized what a river actually was. In Arizona and Utah, a river was a mostly dried up area with maybe a trickle of water at the bottom. The first river we crossed, on a real-life bridge, we were blown away at the size and amount of water. Since that first time, we've crossed many rivers, including the Mississippi. All huge. All wonderful. We cross the Potomac every time we go downtown. The kids are always impressed. The scenery around it is so freaking cool. The monuments, the buildings, the trees. And all the cool boats floating along. I hope they never take seeing such an awesome river for granted.
It was also cool getting to see it up close. And, of course, rocks were thrown.
P.S. Have I mentioned how much my kids like sticks?
2 comments:
I remember the first time I saw the Mississippi I thought it was a lake.
Ha ha! It is hard to imagine a river so big : ) Travis recently traveled to St. Louis and stayed right by the Mississippi. When he told me that it is a MILE across in some areas, I was shocked. I am sure I would have thought it was the ocean.
Post a Comment