Friday, June 4, 2010

The Ocho

Rhon turned 8! It was a good day. She chose her dinner and dessert. I made it, even though I hate cooking in my new kitchen. Tarragon chicken with rice, and molten chocolate baby cakes. I thought they were excellent choices. We didn't have a big celebration, but we had fun anyway. She is such a cool kid.

She wanted to take a picture of each of her siblings alone. I thought it was funny how one of the other kids snuck into each picture. Stinkers.



Except this one.
Nice chocolate faces on the boys. I think they were licking spatulas and beaters and bowls.

Then it was time to open presents.
I always ask the kids what they want for their birthdays. Sometimes I get what they say, sometimes I don't. Sometimes they can't even think of anything, so I am on my own (I--meaning Nate too). This year, Rhon asked for a skateboard. That is what she got. Even though she wanted the one from the Vans store that had glow-in-the-dark skulls, she got a Tony Hawk one from Target. She was happy. Very happy. Notice the faces of her siblings though. I guess they thought her present was so cool that they would cry about it? I know. It confuses me too.
Here they are looking very curious. No emotions yet. Just a desire to find out what's inside.

Rhon looking happy. Dare visibly not happy.

Rhon looking very happy and excited when she realized she got what she wanted, and it is pretty cool. Dare looking even more sad. This was right before she left the table.

Rhon looking happy and smiling for the camera. Now it's Mads who isn't looking happy. He too had tears that night.
B.A. was happy for Rhon. More experience I guess?

Cake time. Here Rhon is blowing out the pretend candles. She is such a cool kid.

Happy Birthday Rhon!

4 comments:

Lara said...

Hi! Your kids are such sophisticated eaters--Tarragon chicken with rice! I think Ellie would have asked for one of those Costco frozen dinners. How is it going with the skateboard? We keep on toying with the idea of getting one but don't know if the kids are too young to get it. Let me know what you think.

Heather said...

That is a way cool present! I love how you caught the others reactions, that will be funny to show them when they get older :)

Sheri said...

#1 is Mads making the peace sign in his picture with Rhon?

#2 I remember when my sister got a bike for her birthday. I cried for a week.

Amanda said...

Sheri - He is totally making the peace sign. LOL! He is always doing something silly in pictures. He's his father's son.

And that's hilarious that you cried for a week! I'm forever going to compare Dare to you.