We are swimming! It is so nice having a pool that is outside, free, and warm. In Utah, we didn't get this very often. Or ever.
K, there's a story behind the pink floaties. First of all, it doesn't bother me. And it definitely doesn't bother G. So it's not a big deal. I just feel like I should explain. Ok, so we have established the fact that we didn't swim much (or ever) in Utah. Therefore I have kids who don't swim very well. The lessons we took right before we moved helped the girls a lot, and I feel comfortable even if I don't have my eyes on them every second. The boys on the other hand, not so much. Mads does a great impression of a rock. When we first got here they told us kids couldn't use floaties. So there I was, in the pool, hanging on to G and Mads. Not much fun. Then they told us we could use floaties. So of course I run right to Target to buy some. They had one pair of blue shark ones, and the rest were pink. Do way more boys use Target floaties than girls? Dilemma. Do I wait to see if they get more blue floaties so I don't have to make my baby boy wear bright pink floaties? Do I risk insanity because I feel like a crazy woman trying to watch 5 kids in a pool all at once? Or do I get the pink floaties and get to the pool asap and have lots of fun? I decided against the insanity.
Blue shark floaties. Blue goggles. Blue shark trunks. Totally cool.
Every 45 minutes, they make the kids take a 15 minute break. You would think that they told them Christmas is cancelled they way they act when they have to get out of the pool. But they are getting used to it. And it lets me take some cute pictures.
4 comments:
So jealous you have a pool! That is so fun! G is such a good little sport! Love it!
Fun!
I love the way kids look with googles.
G rocks those pink floaties.
It looks like you are having the time of your lives. When do you find out where you will be stationed?
Post a Comment