Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Baby Poop

For some reason my girls think it is fun to say bad words.  Like AFTER I tell them it is a bad word.  They like to try it out a few times before I tell them to seriously stop saying it.  B.A. saw the title of a Blink 182 song called "Dammit".  I told her not to say it because it wasn't polite.  She must have said it 4 times before I finally got her to stop.  The same thing happened with Rhon the other day.  She said hell and asked a few questions about it, using the word of course.  Nate thinks it is funny and ironic that our kids will probably hear all the bad words from me before him and even friends at school.  We are talking the nice ones, people.  And I don't use the words, necessarily.  They just come up somehow.

I am in the habit of calling G "Little Caca."  I must say it to the kid 67 times a day.  It's mostly his fault.  If he stayed out of trouble, I wouldn't have to call him anything.  We decided  long ago that caca would probably be one of his first words.  I think it was number three.   
                                          
                                                             

If that is not the cutest thing, I don't know what is.

By the way, "caca" is not a bad word.  I have gotten confirmation that it is just the same as saying poop.  And I like it better than poop.

9 comments:

Sheri said...

It sounds so cute in that innocent voice. And caca is most definitely not a bad word.

You're a better parent then me. Ben told Tiffany it's o.k. to say "damn" because his mom says it all the time.

M. Nelson said...

Amanda, you're back! I've missed you!

My kids will/have learned the majority of the bad words they know from me. Ethan was on a huge "dammit" phase for a while. I wish I could say I learned my lesson but I moved on to teaching them "sonofa". Even though I don't finish the phrase (typically) I still cringe when I hear them repeat it.

westfam said...

Shiza! I probably spelled it wrong but that's the word my kids have learned over the years. It's German for "caca". He's a dang cute boy! That's funny. Drew's doing the dammit thing right now & I know he's learned it from his sweet little mama.

liz said...

his smile and the force with which he says it makes it even better. and then your laugh about it is awesome.

miss ya! come back soon ya hear.

Kellianne said...

I like to read your blog it always makes me smile. He is so cute! All your kids are.
I'm glad Mads stayed with me yesterday!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

K...that is way cute...and I like Caca better also. My daughter accidentally said a bad word yesterday and her brother was quick to point it out!!! it was funny! :)

Lara said...

So cute.

Caca is the spanish word for poop so we grew up using it. I was surprised to find that kids would call the sister missionaries caca when I got to Bulgaria. It actually means sister in Bulgarian so, for me, it was like being called poop for a 18 months.

Heather said...

That's too funny! I am glad I'm not the only one who tries to watch what they say...

Rainbow said...

Very cute! He is too adorable. Your whole family is! And you are doing great with the bad words. My little 2 year old heard the F bomb from some very load teenagers while eating lunch at the Gateway once. She proceeded to use it in correct form everytime she didn't get enough bubbles in the bath, wasn't happy with how her drawing turned out, etc...
It took me more than 4 times of telling her NO for her to get the point!
Also, I know this is random but I remember you posting pictures of this park you took the kids to once. It had a really neat water feature. I was wondering if you could pass the address along to me, if you don't mind. I need a new place to take the kiddos.
Hope you guys are doing well. Heard your house is for sell! My husband is jealous, he'd love to leave Utah but working for the Church, I think we'll be here awhile. Take care.