Thursday, January 22, 2009

Trigger


More climbing.  More falling.  More chucking of my bathroom items.

*****

I'm really not bragging here, but I have to say G has some mad skills!  We were eating muffins for breakfast this morning, and we all know how G loves to grab food.  So he takes Mads' muffin from the coffee table before anyone had time for a second glance.  He had it in his hand and he was waving his arm all around to keep it away from Mads, who was trying to grab it back.  I was enjoying the scene because G is really good at playing keep-away.  Then I thought before long he is going to squish the thing and get it everywhere.  I stepped in because I didn't want to have to clean banana chocolate chip muffin out of my carpet.  I grabbed the arm with the muffin filled hand, and I told Mads to grab it while I held him steady.  Without even thinking, G lets go of the muffin and catches it with his other hand!  Then he starts the waving thing over with the other arm.  I was immensely impressed. 

Of course, the whole time he is grinning his trouble-making grin.

13 comments:

liz said...

sounds like mike with the remote control when I want to change the channel. only he puts one hand on my forehead with the free arm to keep me from getting too close. jk on the last part.

love this picture- looks like a postcard.

Aspen said...

That little man of yours really does have some impressive skills. He has been forced to learn young how to survive in this world. Being the youngest of five will do that to you.

westfam said...

Guard your toilets! He's going to start flushing things next. Cute lil' stinker!
Suzy

Mindy said...

Wow, I'm impressed with this 1 year old!! You won't have to worry about the others beating up on your baby ;)

Jenna said...

Wow.....that picture is cute and a little scary!! I am glad I have a door on my toilet!

He is so cute!

M. Nelson said...

I LOVE naked babies! Is that bad?

Staci Kramer said...

how old is this baby? What is his name? besides G? Actually I want to hear the names and ages of all your kids. I'm still in shock that you have 5!!! I am loving your blog, by the way.

Sheri said...

He sounds like Evan's twin.

LOVE the picture.

Nicole said...

We definitely should NEVER get G and my T together! They could take over the world for sure. He is hilarious!

Deb said...

Meghan is in here looking at your blog with me. She said,"I just saw a naked kid. I saw his bum!"

Kim said...

I love the picture on the toilet!! Kids are so funny and I have a hard time getting mad sometimes because I really want to just laugh most of the time..being a mom is hard!

westfam said...

If you guys move do I still have to look at your blog?

Amanda said...

To that, CODY, is a big fat freaking yes!