Friday, January 30, 2009

Red Door


Confessions...

There have been times when I pretend not to see my kids doing bad things just so I don't have to discipline them.

Sometimes I play Dr. Mario for a couple hours in the middle of the day.

Sometimes I play Rock Band for an hour or so in the middle of the day.

I bought a chocolate cake from Costco today even though I still need to lose weight.  I will probably eat half of it.  It was on sale though.  $5 off!

When I was eating said cake, I didn't even wait to cut a piece.  I just grabbed a fork and dug in.

Sometimes G needs a new diaper for a LONG time before I change it.

I am teaching Relief Society on Sunday, and I haven't even started planning it.  I don't even know the topic yet.

I hate cleaning.  When all my kids are in school, I would rather get a job than to stay at home and clean.  I will pay someone to do it, even if I break even.

I never go to sleep before midnight, and I'm usually up past 1 am.

8 comments:

Heather said...

I love your post! They are so random! That cake looks really good! Good luck with your lesson!

Andrea said...

Be careful. I did the same thing with a cake from Sam's and gained over 2 lbs in a week (it was worth it). I've never heard you teach before. With Roy's new calling we have to go to church....do you bring chocolate??? :)

Sheri said...

Dude! We are the same person! I LOVE that cake! I dream about it. It's so good.

And I hate to clean too! That's why my house is always dirty.

And I ALWAYS pretend that I don't see when my kids are doing naughty things. It tires me out to be on them all the time.

And if I had Rock Band I'd be playing it ALL day long. All day.

We could be twins.

M. Nelson said...

I'm that way about pie...and donuts...and cheese.

I'm never in bed before one. I can't do it even if I try and force myself. It's against my nature.

liz said...

i like the little peek of the cake under the lid with the sneaky fork.

Anonymous said...

Nice post. question though: is that a urine sample in the background of the cake picture? or did nate forget his last swig-o-beer.

me said...

ummm...is the cake still on sale? I really really want some!! mmmmmmmmm. and I also do the same thing about pretending not to notice my kids sometimes...disciplining gets so exhausting sometimes!

Deb said...

That Costco cake is EVIL, but so tasty!!!