Friday, August 8, 2008

New Smile #2

                                                         
Rhon's lucky day!  Not only did she lose one tooth, she lost two.  Or had them pulled, rather.  I guess permanent teeth can trap baby teeth in, and they never get loose enough to fall out.  I noticed her permanent tooth coming in behind her baby one, so I called the dentist.  He said if it wasn't loose enough he would have to pull it.  Turns out, the other one was even worse, so he pulled both out.  We got all this for the low low price of $73.  I sucks to spend money on something that should have happened on its own... completely free (well, except for "Tooth Fairy" fees). 
                                
She was perfectly excited, of course.  I think this helped her deal with the pain.  I think she was a little surprised about how tingly her face felt, and how weird two big holes in her mouth felt.  It was funny because she kept drooling without noticing until it was too late.  She also talks with a slight lisp now.  I think it is way cute.  I love telling her to say Christmas.

This was difficult for me for two reasons.  Number 1...  I am a wuss, so I couldn't even watch the dentist pull them out.  I could hear it though, and it made me cringe.  I still can't believe you can just take a pair of pliers and yank a tooth out.  Shouldn't they be more stable than that?  And 2... I cried more than once when I saw her adorable smile, and heard her sweet new way of talking.  It's just the growing up too fast thing.      

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Poor Rhon and you! I had to have a lot of my baby teeth pulled for the same reason. She does look super cute though! What did the fairy leave her?

Deb said...

I love the toothless grins, but I they change so much when their permanant teeth come in. They look so much older!

Amanda said...

$1 a tooth. Seems like the going rate. I tried to be creative because she doesn't actually believe the "tooth fairy" comes, but I am lame, and I have been creatively challenged lately. (note lame blog... except for Nate's story)